Friday, October 24, 2008

fa la la la

I have been invited a few times this week to go to sing in Seattle. Thanks to a tremendous amount of help from my friends, thanks guys, I was able to venture up there. The first night I played at the Skylark. It was a red walled dive bar full of people at little square tables and wooden benches with a cute little stage in front. By the time I was able to go up it was getting late and there were only stragglers left inside, but the ones that stayed really enjoyed what i did. :)
The next night it was at the Dubliner in Fremont. Really cute Irish bar with a seemingly secret roomed alcove. Bar in back up a few steps and the servers were really friendly. Nice stage although the announcer guy was not incredibly friendly. The best part of the whole night.. my friend ashley from Alaska showed up and so did another friend, Ash from Seattle. I was so happy to see them walk in as I'm on stage pretending that the world is listening to my words. ha. Thank you Ashleys!!
Well all in all I am getting better at the beats, strums, coordination, everything. I am not great by any means, but I do enjoy it. I hope that people enjoy listening so I can continue on with it.
I am posting the only photo i have of my show at Paddys last friday.. totally unflattering but hey.. we cant look like rock stars all the time.

No comments: